COVID-19 presents challenges so it is important that all clients read and understand this information. CATO will continue to update clients with pertinent information as the match approaches.
- During your attendance at any match, you must comply with any direction given by Cricket Australia and/or CATO on behalf of Cricket Australia, the venues, including social distancing requirements, and any direction or guidance given by the State and/or the Australian Federal Government in relation to COVID-19.
- You acknowledge, even with rigorous capacity and control measures in place at matches, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness, including COVID-19, at any match at this time. You have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including:
- Where there is greater capacity density;
- Any health condition or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with may have following your attendance at any match;
- For a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences;
- By attending any match you, and any persons who attend with you, acknowledge and accept these risks.
Final information regarding your package, including ticketing fulfilment and any relevant event information, will be communicated in the lead up to your match. Unless indicated otherwise, event tickets will be digital.
Full payment is required at the time of booking. If payments are not received by the due date, reservations may be automatically cancelled without notice. All payments made are non-refundable.
Subject to these booking conditions and the Cricket Australia Refund Policy, CATO will assess each COVID-19 cancellation request on a case by case basis in circumstances where the client's booking is affected by COVID-19 in any of the following ways:
- Where the match you have booked is cancelled due to COVID-19;
- Where the match you have booked is postponed, and you are unable to attend the match on the revised dates;
- Where the stadium capacity at the match you have booked is adjusted by CA, State, Territory and/or Australian Federal Government social distancing restrictions, and as a result of this adjustment to stadium capacity, you are not permitted to attend;
- Where State, Territory and/or Australian Federal border closures render it not possible for you to attend the match which you have booked, without quarantining on entry to the match city*;
(*) For the avoidance of doubt, a requirement for you to quarantine in your home State after travelling to your match does not qualify for a refund.
Where a booking is cancelled by CATO due to COVID-19 and CATO is unable to obtain a refund for package components from a third party service provider or venue, no refund will be provided for such package components.
For the avoidance of doubt, border closures and/or travel restrictions in non-Australian jurisdictions do not qualify you for a refund. Should clients be affected by overseas border closures and/or travel restrictions, these will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Outside of refunds available as detailed in the COVID-19 clause outlined above or the Cricket Australia Refund Policy, following payment, all cancellations (including no-shows) will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100%. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
All payments must be made in Australian Dollars; payment in any other currency will not be accepted. For bookings made within Australia, CATO accepts payment by credit card, direct deposit or BPAY. For bookings made outside of Australia, CATO accepts credit card only. Prices are valid for payments made by direct deposit.
Credit Card: CATO accepts credit card payments subject to following fees: Visa/MasterCard 1.32% of the amount payable, American Express 2% of the amount payable. This fee will be added to the amount due as detailed on your invoice. The American Express fee is non-refundable except where you are entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
The credit card used to pay for a booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, in the situation where this is not possible and for all bookings where the total booking value is over $10,000, CATO will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s driver’s licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to return a signed credit card form authorising CATO to charge the nominated credit card.
BPAY: A fee of AU$1.15 applies. Details of the CATO Biller Code and individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your invoice.
Direct Deposit: Bank account details will be listed on your invoice. CATO is not liable for remitting bank fees, please make any arrangements necessary to cover such fees.
Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please note the following:
- Requests for the refund of overpayments via BPAY and Direct Deposit will take up to 30 business days. Requests will not be processed until the recipient has been adequately identified.
- Requests for a refund to be credited to a bank account, other than that used for the payment in question, will require a Statutory Declaration.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd trades under licence from Cricket Australia as CATO. All CATO clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit www.accc.gov.au.
For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to conpensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective July 2022) supersede any previous version published by CATO. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, you agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law that is expressly inconsistent with this.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd trading as the Cricket Australia Travel Office ABN 85 003 133 551 and Cricket Australia give their notice that all final travel documentation, tickets and coupons issued by them, or on their behalf, and all arrangements for hotel accommodation, functions, entry tickets, transport and conveyance are made by them as agents or operators upon the express conditions that they are not liable for any personal injury, death, damage, loss, accident, delay or sickness in carrying out the arrangements of the tour(s), or through the acts or defaults of any passenger or otherwise in connection with any of the hotels or proprietor or servant for any failures on the part of the hotel or provider or servant, to the extent permitted by law.
CATO gives notice that should any damage be caused by a passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier, in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the cost of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid by the passenger to the hotel and/or third party supplier forthwith.
CATO gives notice that the passenger shall at all times be liable, without limitation, for any statement or conduct that (in CATO’s absolute discretion) is defamatory, racist, disorderly, offensive, likely to cause or stir any threatening behaviour or may bring CATO and/or the name, CATO into disrepute.
The transportation companies or firms concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board their aircraft or conveyance. The passage contract in use by the carriers concerned when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies or firms and the purchaser of these tours and/or passengers.
CATO accepts no responsibility for loss or additional expenses that may be incurred for any delays or changes in transportation, or any other services, sickness, personal injury, weather, strikes, pandemics, lockouts, war, terrorism, earthquake, floods, volcanic eruption, or any other causes. Should there be any disruptions or delays it will be the responsibility of the passenger to contact CATO.
The liability of CATO and Cricket Australia is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.
CATO is operated by General Travel Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 85 003 133 551). General Travel Group Pty Ltd is an independent contractor to and not an agent of Cricket Australia.