COVID-19 presents challenges so it is important that all clients read and understand this information. CATO will continue to update clients with pertinent information as the 2021-22 Vodafone Ashes Series approaches.
- During your attendance at the 2021-22 Vodafone Ashes Series, you must comply with any direction given by Cricket Australia and/or CATO on behalf of Cricket Australia, the venues, including social distancing requirements, and any direction or guidance given by the State and/or the Australian Federal Government in relation to COVID-19.
- You acknowledge, even with rigorous capacity and control measures in place at matches, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness, including COVID-19, at any Vodafone Ashes Test Match at this time. You have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including:
By attending any Vodafone Ashes Test Match you, and any persons who attend with you, acknowledge and accept these risks.
- Where there is greater capacity density;
- Any health condition or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with may have following your attendance at any Vodafone Ashes Test Match;
- For a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences;
- For contact tracing purposes, at the time of booking with CATO, a unique mobile number and email address is required to be supplied for each person within your booking i.e. the mobile number and email address must be different for each person within the booking. Please be prepared with this information before proceeding with a booking, you will not be able to complete your booking without providing this information.
All package prices include postage and handling within Australia where applicable. Postage outside of Australia will incur additional cost. Given COVID-19 restrictions and the possibility of electronic Match Tickets, as of April 2021, the delivery of Match Tickets, merchandise and other package documentation is to be determined. CATO will update all clients with details around Tickets and documentation as details are finalised.
A non-refundable deposit equal to 30% of the booking value is required to secure your booking. The balance is payable on/before 23 September 2021. For bookings made from 1 September 2021, full payment is required at the time of booking. If payments are not received by the due date, reservations may be automatically cancelled without notice.
Subject to these booking conditions and the Cricket Australia Refund Policy, CATO will provide clients with a refund for all packages as outlined below in a circumstance where that client’s booking is affected by COVID-19 in any of the following ways:
- Where the Vodafone Ashes Test you have booked is cancelled due to COVID-19;
- Where the Vodafone Ashes Test you have booked is postponed, and you are unable to attend the match on the revised Test dates;
- Where the stadium capacity at the Vodafone Ashes Test you have booked is adjusted by CA, State, Territory and/or Australian Federal Government social distancing restrictions, and as a result of this adjustment to stadium capacity, you are not permitted to attend;
- Where State, Territory and/or Australian Federal border closures render it not possible for you to attend the Vodafone Ashes Test which you have booked, without quarantining;
Where a booking is cancelled by CATO due to COVID-19 and CATO is unable to obtain a refund for package components from a third party service provider or venue, including in respect of the Vodafone Ashes Series 2021-22 team merchandise and Official Ashes Functions, no refund will be provided for such package components. If no refund is provided in respect of team merchandise, the team merchandise order will be fulfilled.
For the avoidance of doubt, border closures and/or travel restrictions in non-Australian jurisdictions do not qualify you for a refund. Should clients be affected by overseas border closures and/or travel restrictions, these will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Outside of refunds available as detailed in the COVID-19 clause outlined above or the Cricket Australia Refund Policy, following payment, all cancellations (including no-shows) will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100%. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
All payments must be made in Australian Dollars; payment in any other currency will not be accepted. For bookings made within Australia, CATO accepts payment by credit card, direct deposit or BPAY. For bookings made outside of Australia, CATO accepts credit card only.
Credit Card: CATO accepts credit card payments subject to following fees: Visa/MasterCard 1.36% of the amount payable, American Express 2.53% of the amount payable. This fee will be added to the amount due as detailed on your invoice. The credit card used to pay for a booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, in the situation where this is not possible and for all bookings where the total booking value is over $10,000, CATO will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s driver’s licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to return a signed credit card form authorising CATO to charge the nominated credit card.
BPAY: A fee of AU$1.15 applies. Details of the CATO Biller Code and individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your invoice.
Direct Deposit: Bank account details will be listed on your invoice. CATO is not liable for remitting bank fees, please make any arrangements necessary to cover such fees.
Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please note the following:
- Requests for the refund of overpayments via BPAY and Direct Deposit will take up to 30 business days. Requests will not be processed until the recipient has been adequately identified.
- Requests for a refund to be credited to a bank account, other than that used for the payment in question, will require a Statutory Declaration.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd trades under licence from Cricket Australia as CATO. All CATO clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective April 2021) supersede any previous version published by CATO. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, you agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law that is expressly inconsistent with this.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd trading as the Cricket Australia Travel Office ABN 85 003 133 551 and Cricket Australia give their notice that all final travel documentation, tickets and coupons issued by them, or on their behalf, and all arrangements for hotel accommodation, functions, entry tickets, transport and conveyance are made by them as agents or operators upon the express conditions that they are not liable for any personal injury, death, damage, loss, accident, delay or sickness in carrying out the arrangements of the tour(s), or through the acts or defaults of any passenger or otherwise in connection with any of the hotels or proprietor or servant for any failures on the part of the hotel or provider or servant, to the extent permitted by law.
CATO gives notice that should any damage be caused by a passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier, in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the cost of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid by the passenger to the hotel and/or third party supplier forthwith.
CATO gives notice that the passenger shall at all times be liable, without limitation, for any statement or conduct that (in CATO’s absolute discretion) is defamatory, racist, disorderly, offensive, likely to cause or stir any threatening behaviour or may bring CATO and/or the name, CATO into disrepute.
CATO accepts no responsibility for loss or additional expenses that may be incurred for any delays or changes in transportation, or any other services, sickness, personal injury, weather, strikes, pandemics, lockouts, war, terrorism, earthquake, floods, volcanic eruption, or any other causes. Should there be any disruptions or delays it will be the responsibility of the passenger to contact CATO.
The liability of CATO and Cricket Australia is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.
CATO is operated by General Travel Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 85 003 133 551). General Travel Group Pty Ltd is an independent contractor to and not an agent of Cricket Australia