Please carefully read these conditions as they form the basis for the Cricket Australia Travel Office accepting your booking.
- All Fully Escorted Tours and Test Match Travel Packages are limited and subject to availability.
- Prices are based on currency exchange rates effective August 2018. They are quoted in Australian Dollars inclusive of all taxes and charges and are GST free unless otherwise indicated. In the event of unforeseen circumstances such as fluctuations in exchange rates or an increase in government taxes, the prices quoted by the Cricket Australia Travel Offices are subject to change without notice. Any currency fluctuations or increases in Australian or foreign government taxes will be passed on to clients.
- The goods and services offered for sale on this website which are provided outside of Australia are exempt from
- Australian Goods and Services Tax. However, for goods and services and other items connected with Australia, Goods and Services Tax will apply. This is subject to change at any time should legislation be enacted affecting the current treatment of the Australian Goods and Services Tax upon the goods and services provided.
- Please check the spelling of names to ensure all names match the individual’s passport, driver's licence or photo identification.
- In relation to bookings where more than one passenger is travelling, the person making the reservation on behalf of his/her travelling companions will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her travelling companions.
- A maximum five packages are available for purchase online. Please contact us if you would like to book more than five.
- Costs of passports or visas, meals and sightseeing other than those specified in the itinerary, gratuities/tips (unless stated), excess baggage charges, personal items such as phone calls, laundry and insurance are not included in any CATO tour or package costs.
Product Description and Images
Descriptions featured on this site are based on current information provided by hotels and ground suppliers. Any facilities shown as included are subject to change at any time. The standard of accommodation and other services are based on various factors, which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class, however, we do not guarantee the standard, class, or fitness for purpose of that accommodation or service. Hotel ratings are those suggested by relevant local authorities or our representative and may vary from Tourist Office ratings. Where applicable, images featured are shown for general information and may not necessarily reflect actual locations or tour inclusions.
- Unless indicated otherwise, prices are based on either one (single) or two (double/twin) persons sharing. Rates are based on existing bedding, additional rates apply for extra persons and extra beds. Supplements apply to extra nights booked outside the package.
- The rating of accommodation is based on various factors, which are generally accepted as indicative of a certain class; however we do not guarantee the accommodations standard, class, or fitness for purpose.
A guide to hotel categories:
- As a guide, check-in time at most hotels is 3:00pm, rooms may not be ready to check-in if you arrive before this time. If you need to check into your room straight away, you can pay an extra nights room rate and book your rooms for the night before you arrive. Check-out time at hotels is usually 11:00am however, this does vary. Rooms still occupied after the hotels check-out time may incur additional charges which can be confirmed upon request.
- If for any reason the hotel(s) nominated herein is/are unavailable, an alternative will be sought/offered. If, after confirmation, the hotel becomes unavailable, you will be assigned to a hotel of equal or superior standard.
- Test match packages include a five day ticket, days one through four include a reserved seat. Day five may be general admission or reserved seat – depending on the venue.
Loss of Play Due to Inclement Weather
Each Ashes venue has its own policy attached to refunds for loss of play due to inclement weather. At time of print, these policies have not been made available to Cricket Australia or Cricket Australia Travel Office. Cricket Australia Travel Office will communicate individual refund policies to all clients in advance of their departure for England, most likely with your travel documentation.
Delivery of Match Tickets / Postage & Handling Fee
- Postage and handling is included for Australian residents. Documentation including match tickets will be sent by Australia Post eParcel commencing June 2019. eParcel is a fully trackable service and requires a signature upon delivery at your nominated address. Should you not be at the address when the eParcel arrives, it will be redirected to your nearest Post Office for collection.
- If you wish to receive text messages from Australia Post as to the status of your eParcel delivery, Cricket Australia Travel Office can provide your mobile telephone number to Australia Post for tracking purposes only. You are able to select this service during the Check Out phase of your online booking.
- For international residents, a postage and handling surcharge will apply
Payment and Cancellation
A 65% deposit is payable at the time of booking, and the final balance is payable on/before 15 May 2019. All payments will be subject to a one hundred percent (100%) cancellation charge. Amendment fees may also apply. Travel Insurance is recommended.
Methods of Payment
Payments must be made in Australian dollars, payment in any other currency will not be accepted. For bookings within Australia, Cricket Australia Travel Office accepts credit card or BPAY. Outside of Australia Cricket Australia Travel Office accepts credit card only.
Credit Card: Cricket Australia Travel Office accepts Visa/MasterCard and American Express. Credit Card processing fees apply to each payment as follows: Visa/MasterCard 1.35% of the amount payable, American Express 2.35% of the amount payable. The fee will be added to the amount due.
The credit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, and in the situation where this is not possible, Cricket Australia Travel Office will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s drivers licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to return a signed payment form authorising Cricket Australia Travel Office to charge the nominated credit card.
BPAY: If you select BPAY as your preferred method of payment, details of Cricket Australia Travel Office Biller Code and your individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your Booking Acknowledgement. A BPAY fee of AU$1.15 per booking applies.
Health and Immigration
Travellers should familiarise themselves with any health or visa requirement that may be applicable in the areas they intend visiting, and they shall be responsible for all exit, entry, health and other documents required by laws, regulations, orders, demands or requirements of the countries visited or transited.
Safety and Security Throughout Europe
For current information and up-to-date travel advice on the United Kingdom and other regions of Europe please visit the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade www.smartraveller.gov.au. It is also recommended that all Australians register on Smart Traveller before travelling overseas, as this will assist in locating you in the case of an emergency. You can subscribe via this site to receive email updates when there are changes to travel advisories for your destination.
Passport and Visa Requirements
Passport and visa requirements are not the responsibility of the Cricket Australia Travel Office. Each person (including infants) requires a valid passport. Passports must have at least 6 months validity from the date of your return to Australia. For up to-date advice on visas required for overseas travel, Australians should contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country they intend to visit well in advance of travel. Visas may take several weeks to process. We recommend all travellers review the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Great Britain website at: www.fco.gov.uk. Cricket Australia Travel Office is not liable for any loss or expense due to a passenger’s failure to comply with the above.
Travel Insurance is strongly recommended to cover against loss of deposit or final monies paid, because of unavoidable cancellation due to illness or other causes, personal baggage loss, medical expenses etc.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd trades under licence from Cricket Australia as Cricket Australia Travel Office ("CATO"). All CATO clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective August 2018) supersede any previous version published by the Cricket Australia Travel Office. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, I agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Australia and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Australia, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
Conditions of Responsibility
The Cricket Australia Travel Office (ABN 85 003 133 551) gives their notice that all final travel documentation, tickets and coupons are issued by them, or on their behalf, and all arrangements for hotel accommodation, entry tickets, transport and conveyance are made by them as agents or operators upon the express conditions that they are not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, sickness or through the acts or defaults of any passenger or in carrying out the arrangements of the tour(s) or otherwise in connection with any of the hotels or proprietor or servant for any failures on the part of the hotel or provider to any of the laws of the country where the services are provided.
The Cricket Australia Travel Office gives notice that should any damage be caused by the passenger to the property, contents or grounds of the hotel accommodation, or to the property of a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the costs of repairing any damage caused by the passenger will be the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid to the Cricket Australia Travel Office forthwith by the passenger.
Should a passenger behave in a way unacceptable to a hotel or to a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, the hotel and / or third party supplier reserves the right to terminate the passenger’s stay or participation in a tour forthwith, without incurring any liability.
The Cricket Australia Travel Office gives notice that the passenger shall at all times be liable, without limitation, for any statement or conduct that (in the Cricket Australia Travel Office’s absolute discretion) is defamatory, racist, likely to cause or stir any threatening behaviour or may bring Cricket Australia Travel Office and/or the name, Cricket Australia Travel Office into disrepute.
The Cricket Australia Travel Office accepts no responsibility for loss or additional expenses for any delays or changes in motor, air or any other services, sickness injury, weather strikes, lockouts, war, terrorism, earthquake, floods, volcanic eruption, or any other causes. Should there be any disruptions or delays it will be the responsibility of the passenger to contact The Cricket Australia Travel Office.
The Cricket Australia Travel Office gives notice that if passengers are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Ticket and Entry Conditions, ICC and CA Policy of Inappropriate Conduct and the National Refund Policy. Copies of conditions are available by contacting Cricket Australia Travel Office, Level 7/11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel (03) 9676 2438 Fax (03) 9867 4438, Email: email@example.com.
The liability of the Cricket Australia Travel Office is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.
Cricket Australia Travel Office is operated by General Travel Group Pty Ltd (ABN: 85 003 133 551). General Travel Group Pty Ltd is an independent contractor to and not an agent of Cricket Australia.